Monday, August 1, 2011

Gold and Navy Look

This is a gold and blue/navy look I did before I went out to a lounge with some friends. I took the colors from the necklace I was wearing. Since I was wearing all black, I wanted the necklace and makeup to stand out but I didn't want my eyes to be too heavy. 


Tip: If you want to wear more dramatic eyeshadow but don't want the entire look to be too heavy, skip eyeliner in the waterline, use an eyeshadow to line, and just put one light coat of mascara or skip the mascara altogether. 


This will still keep your look fresh and not have the very dramatic/heavy black definition around the eyes and lashes. I like to do this when I want to wear bright eyeshadows but keep it light. 


This is the necklace:



And here is the makeup:




I don't like wearing foundation unless it's for special occasions, and it was a very hot day [I burned a bit, ha ha] so that's why my skin looks a bit red. 

I used:
- Sephora Jumbo 12hr pencil (gold) - base, and on lower lash line
- Bare Essentials True Gold e/s - Lid, lower lash line inner 1/2
- MAC white gold from Photorealism palette - tear duct 
- MAC Freshwater - above crease to blend, on lower lash line as a base for blues
- MAC Deep Truth - crease, underneath eye
- NARS China Blue - deepen crease, outer 1/3 underneath eye, and to line

I paired it with MAC Peachykeen blush, and MAC Ample Pink gloss. 


0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online