Sunday, August 14, 2011

Vintage Inspiration

So, I have a love for vintage/50's fashion/makeup/everything. Other than the fact that women were treated in a subordinate way back then, I love everything else. My dream is to look like a 50's lady but I know that will never happen haha. I love that women back then always made sure they looked put together before walking out of the door. (By the way when I'm in university mode, I seldom do this, or even put makeup on haha!) I saw this quote by Coco Chanel and I think it pretty much sums up the way women carried themselves "back in the day":


"I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny, and it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny." 
                                                                        - Coco Chanel
Well here are some of my favorite photos I have in my vintage pictures folder, so I thought I'd share them with you! 


Ava Gardner, probably my favorite pin up... I think she's just so stunning!



 I love Bernie Dexter, she is a modern pin up model (and now designer), she looks like Bettie Page and I WANT THIS OUTFIT SO BADLY!

 Elizabeth Taylor, haha. She is so insanely beautiful!


 Cute pictures of retro love... *DEEP SIGH* (the balcony one is my favorite... So cute.)



 I love the colours in this picture... Look at the orange lips with the blue water! It makes me want to wear orange lipstick with a teal dress... Ha ha 

 Soad Hosni, an Egyptian actress/pinup. She was way prettier than this picture shows, but I just love her outfit here.


 I WANT THIS DRESS!!!!!


 Orange/blue combination again! I think it looks awesome! If I had the body for it I would definitely copy this outfit haha.


What do you guys think of vintage/retro fashion, pinups, style, etc?


xo, s.

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online